Pari Ansary, DNHM, CA
- The first is Temperament, which reflects the uniqueness of each individual. This is important in both diagnosis and treatment.
- Second, Physis is the body’s innate power for self-healing. The prime objective of Unani-Tibb therapy is to support Physis, initially by lifestyle changes; then by the rational use of natural and herbal medications; and finally, by the rational application of specific therapies.
- Third is the Qualities, an old concept given a new perspective in Unani-Tibb, taking into account recent developments in clinical science. Disturbance in the person’s qualitative balance is the source of body disharmony and therefore disease.
- Finally, there are the Lifestyle Factors. Unani-Tibb strongly believes that lifestyle diseases – for example, cancer, diabetes and heart diseases – are often the result of, or aggravated by, imprudent or even self-destructive lifestyles. Sound practical advice is offered on lifestyle – modifying the patient’s diet, improving sleep patterns, encouraging exercise, for example.
- Targets the underlying causes of the person’s disorder, rather than concentrating mainly on symptoms. Health is the body’s natural default position.
- Treatment is, without exception, designed to support inner healing, or Physis. It supports the mantra: “Treatment comes from outside; healing from within”.
- The body and mind are regarded as being strongly interconnected. It has always accepted that virtually all diseases have physical, emotional and environmental elements. Unani-Tibb is a legitimate, holistic system of healthcare.
- The patient is viewed as a unique individual, rather than a living specimen of a particular disorder. Every person is treated according to his or her own unique signs and symptoms. Considerable time is taken for diagnosis, especially when assessing the patient’s temperament. This is regarded as crucially important in both diagnosis and subsequent therapy.
- Diagnosis is carried out bearing in mind the patient’s temperament, which is, in brief, an amalgam of personality and constitution. Unani-Tibb diagnostic methods include both traditional techniques such as pulse and tongue diagnosis as well as standard conventional medical tests and pathological measurements.
- The foundation of Unani-Tibb Therapy is lifestyle reform. This imbraces changing a person’s diet where necessary, encouraging more physical exercise, better breathing methods, improving sleep quality, and more effective detoxification. The value of this, apart from dealing with the immediate clinical disorder, is that it encourages a more prudent lifestyle. This reduces the probability of the disorder recurring.
- A number of ‘hands-on’ therapies are employed, such as massage, acupressure, aromatherapy and therapeutic cupping. There is also an extensive range of natural herbal medicines registered for specific ailments.
- Empowering the patient is an important aspect, as this improves motivation and so brings a better outcome. In addition, the possibility of recurrence of the disorder is reduced. Guided by his or her practitioner, the patient is educated on the nature of the disorder, and informed of the pros and cons of the treatment option, and so involved in healthcare choices. The patient is not maneuvered into ‘victim-hood’.
- Natural approaches are relied on exclusively. The use of new-to-nature substances, such as conventional drugs or chemical modifications of existing natural products, is eschewed. Similarly, lifestyle reform only adopts techniques which are nature-based and not requiring complex, expensive man-made equipment.
- It is accepted that disorders which have had months, maybe years, to develop are not likely to be cured rapidly. Suppressing symptoms can be achieved quickly, but restoring harmony takes time. There is no quick fix with inner healing (physis). the patient is made aware that achieving optimum health is a medium-term process.
THE MAIN ASPECTS OF UNANI-TIBB HEALTHCARE IS TO FOCUS ON ACHIEVING OPTIMUM HEALTH, RATHER THAN SUPPRESSING DISEASE.
Includes a hand scan that determines what oils your body, mind and soul need.
The AromaTouch Technique is an essential oil application applied to the back and the feet to create a feeling of overall wellness.
Holistic Cupping: (dry, moving and wet cupping)
Treatment helps with a wide range of conditions such as hypertension, rheumatic conditions such as arthritis, sciatica and back pain, migraine, anxiety, and general physical and mental well being.
Pari graduated from the College of Medicine and Healing Arts in Leicester, United Kingdom in Naturopathic and Herbal Medicine. Pari is a Certified Naturopath in herbal medicine and specializes in Unani Tibb medicine. She also holds a certificate in aromatherapy.
Pari has taken courses from nutritionists, herbalists, aroma therapists, homeopathic practitioners and other Unani Tibb practitioners. Recently added to her list of expertise is holistic hijaama (cupping) therapy.
Pari has been studying natural health for over 15 years. She helps people to improve their health and well-being by making simple changes to their diet and lifestyle. She also teaches about preventative healthcare.
Pari’s health philosophy is based on the eastern wisdoms of health found in the traditions of Unani Tibb and other natural remedies. ‘Tibb’ − which literally means ‘nature’ − is a universal tradition of holistic medicine where one combines the natural healing traditions of Europe and Asia found in the natural earth around us. This holistic approach and an eagerness to provide patients with safe, effective, natural remedies so they can achieve overall health and wellness has been the inspiration behind Pari’s business, Pure Earth Healing.